Garageband is one of the must-have apps on Apple iOS for those who are interested in creating music, but sadly, the tool is not available on Windows 10 at this time. Well, it is available, but one has to run it within a virtual machine, and that is just not ideal. The question is, then, are there any worthwhile alternatives to Garageband for Windows 10 today? Well, yes, there area, and a ton of them as well. However, we are not too inclined to talk about all the alternatives, but rather the best free ones.
Garageband for PC doesn’t have an official version. There is a glut of websites that offers workarounds to get the app. However, all of these methods aren’t reliable and can risk your PC to high-virus damage. To help you address the challenge, we have curated an ultimate free downloading guide for Garageband for PC. Inside, we have covered the most genuine methods to download Garageband for PC so that you don’t have to cough up a huge amount for PC repairs or end up investing in a pricey Apple device to get the app.
Download Garageband using Rare Software
Apart from the iOS and Android emulators, you can also take the help of some different downloaders like Rare Software. It helps you in downloading and installing the iOS and Mac-specific apps on a Windows device. Though Windows introduced some alternatives to Garageband like Mixcraft, it is not even close to the Garageband app with its excellent features.
Follow the given steps to download the Garageband software for Windows 7/8.1/10 using the Rare software.
- Step 1: Visit the website for Rare Software. Click on the link to download.
- Step 2: You will observe a green download button at the center of the page. Click on it.
- Step 3: In the next step, run the Downloader on your Windows computer.
- Step 4: Now you will have to select the folder where you want to save the app. Or you can even go with the default setting.
- Step 5: Wait till the software install the app and then download it on Windows. The app will take about 20 minutes or so for installation on your Windows computer or laptop.
And that’s it. You have successfully installed and run a Garageband application on your Windows PC using Rare software. This method ends all the methods to run the Garageband application on your Windows PC.
How to Downloading GarageBand for PC using VMWare Virtualization?
- Step 1: In a first, download macOS Sierra on your device from HERE.
- Step 2: Download and install the VMWare Workstation Player from HERE.
- Step 3: Extract the macOS folder files to a location on your computer using WinRAR.
- Step 4: Next, follow the path: macOS Sierra > macOS Sierra 10.12 tools > Final YouTube Folder > Unlocker208, and locate the Win-Install file. Right-click on it and select ‘Run as Administrator.’
- Step 5: A command window will appear, indicating that changes to the Windows are at works. Wait for a few minutes until it gets over.
- Step 6: Use the desktop shortcut to launch VMWare and tap on ‘Open Virtual Machine.’ Navigate on to the path: macOS Sierra > macOS Sierra 10.12 tools > Final YouTube Folder > macOS Sierra, and select the OS.
- Step 7: To change the system resource allotment, click ‘Edit Virtual Machine Settings.’
- Step 8: Going forward, you have to select the number of processor cores and the number of RAM you can allot to be consumed by VMWare.